- Sprinkle lamb on both sides with Chinese 5 spice. Season. Cook lamb in a lightly oiled non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes each side. Rest on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Spread bread rolls with mayonnaise. Top with lettuce, carrot, cucumber and lamb. Drizzle with chilli sauce and top with fresh chilli, herbs and green onions, to serve.
- Lamb meatballs or mince would also work well in this recipe.
- Ensure you rest the lamb for tender, melt-in-the mouth meat.
- Omit hot chilli sauce and fresh chilli for kid friendly banh mi – use sweet chilli sauce for less heat.
Recipe and image sourced from Meat and Livestock Australia.