- 8 Warilba lamb loin chops
- 250g rice noodles
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (80ml) hoisin sauce
- 2 carrots, shredded or grated
- 150g sugar snaps, thinly sliced
- 200g podded edamame, blanched
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Pickled ginger, green onions, thinly sliced, coriander sprigs, sesame seeds, to serve
- Prepare noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine vegetable oil and hoisin sauce in small bowl. Brush lamb on both sides with marinade. Season. Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat and cook lamb for 3-4 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Rest on a plate loosely covered in foil for 5 minutes.
- Place noodles in a large bowl. Add carrots, sugar snaps and edamame. Drizzle with sesame oil and toss to coat.
- Serve lamb with noodle salad, pickled ginger, green onions, coriander and sesame seeds.
- Lamb forequarter chops or cutlets would also be delicious in this recipe.
- Use your choice of noodles – soba, udon or vermicelli would also work well.
- Always rest the lamb to ensure the meat is tender and juices locked in.
Recipe and image sourced from Meat and Livestock Australia.